Friday, July 31, 2009

Vienna - home of Grand Buildings

Day 21 Inner City and Hundertwasser House Vienna 28. July 2009
Today I went into the Inner City which is the original part of the city of Vienna. It is circled by the Ringstrasse which was originally the walls around the city. The opera house, palace and several churches are in this section along with a lot of shops, restaurants and hotels.




I started to walk around but it took so long to get from one building to another that after about an hour I decided that I needed to be on a bike.



Of course there are the cute cherubs that seem to be everywhere.


Then I decided to take the tram to see the Hundertwasswer house which was very cool.

I guess he has lots of apartment buildings of around the world.

There were all sorts of little details that one kept finding the longer you look at it and walk around it. I have no idea if this is the case inside as well since it is private apartments.




Then in the evening I went to the film of Opera festival. They showed a different opera every night on a big screen and had international food as well.


No comments:

Post a Comment