Sunday, July 19, 2009

July 11 2009 Cambridge

Day 4 Sat Cambridge
The packed day started with the weekly trip to the very large supermarket. Megan and I picked out a few treats like jelly babies and Chocolate covered HobNobs but most of it was meat and vegetables.
I have been on a mission to find a copy of the second Maximum Ride books so I can finish the last 50 pages which I didn’t have a chance to do before I left. Yesterday I checked several bookstores with no luck so today I thought I’d check the local library. I was surprised how small it was and what a small collection they had, it made the Aromas branch look good. Needless to say they didn’t have it. But I did find an Open Studio which is going on this weekend that was worth looking at. After lunch all 4 of us went out to visit some studios. We saw some nice work and N&S bought a painting, a piece of ceramic wall hanging tile, and a framed photograph. They picked the right studios to go to! We walked miles and miles - this was something that would have been better to do via bicycle as others were doing.


We finally made it home in time for Sarah to make dinner and Nick to barbeque a boneless leg of lamb which we had with Simon and Hilary as guests. It was a very nice night with quite a variety of drinks and a deliciously tart Summer Pudding that Hilary brought.

No comments:

Post a Comment